[access-uk] Re: Talks - reading a page with one keystroke?

  • From: "Carol Pearson" <carol.pearson29@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Apr 2009 16:24:13 +0100

Chris,

Speech delay was at 0S, but I've put this to Default (though am not sure what "Deafault" is).
Talks key is set to timeout forever!
Talks Mode Timeout Single Commands (I haven't really touched and don't understand ...)

--
Carol

On Wednesday, April 08, 2009 3:12 PM (UK time), Chris Hallsworth at christopherh40@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx said:

Carol, what's the setting for Talks Key timeout? That could be
affecting how you're interacting with Talks commands. Unlike JAWS you
never hold the Talks key down with some exceptions, such as selecting
text, which in that case! You press the Talks key twice on some
phones, the second time you hold whilst arrowing.

--
Chris Hallsworth
e-mail: christopherh40@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx