[access-uk] Re: Talking central heating thermostat

  • From: "Peter Beasley" <pjbeasley@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 3 Oct 2009 21:09:28 +0100

You might be interested in this. It is not exactly a thermostat but an accessible timer.

Danfoss 4033 24-Hour Mechanical Programmer
TIMED/OFF/ON (Constant) for heating and same for domestic hot water.
Off and On override.
this switch is available from danfoss randall ltd of bedford.
they do a braille version which is very accessible. it has 2 switches, one switch
for hot water, the other for the heating system. they are clearly brailled
h/w
each switch has 3 positions, off, on and timed.
there is a rotary dial with dots around it, a little like a braille watch. there
is a reference dot so you can use the rotary dial to enable you to set
the 24 hour clock. there are 4 colour coded tappets, 2 red 2 blue, one set for each
function, namely heating and water. simply slide the tappets to the
desired on/off times. the tappets are also marked with tactile markings, a series
of different numbers of dots.I think you may have to specifically request
a braille version of the timer. this switch is very well designed for a blind person
to use.
I would suggest giving this company a ring before purchasing, and asking them if
it will work with your particular heating system. They have a wide range
on offer, and do not forget to ask them if they can supply a Braille version if this
is required. Details as follows.
Danfoss Randall Ltd.
Ampthill Road, Bedford
MK42 9ER