Subject: [access-uk] Re: Talking Book Library
From: "Steve Dryden" <steve.dryden@xxxxxxx>
Date: 06/05/2009 6:22 pm

That's not quite true Elanor,  I am almost positive that there was a forwarded
email to the Access List from the RNIB Arena list.  This invited TB members to
be involved in the pilot.  The requirement was that you had an internet
connection and they were offering a new PTX1 player to 1000 members.  You were
to mail them with your details and at the apropriate time, they'd basically
pull out the first 1000 names who contacted them.  As it was, the take up
wasn't as much as they'd anticipated so they only gave out in the region of 850
players.  Now, I'm not sure if they would exchange a player now or not but
you'd need to contact them.  Another requirement was that you'd need to be part
of the testing group and offer feedback back.

Hope that helps.

Steve