[access-uk] Re: Taking the plunge

Hi James.

Well, we could be starting an old debate over again here with
this one, but that's not what I intend here.  Certainly as a
Window-Eyes user I will help all I can.  But I hope Sandra
Henshall and Steve Nutt will chip in too as they are both very
knowledgable blind users of the product.

Assuming you get the MS Word hot fixes sorted propperly, you
certianly will not be disappointed in that area.  Gw have done a
tremendous job in making that application fully accessible in all
of its text based features.  I do not think you will be
disappointed in Window-Eyes' performance on the web either.
Short of the webpage markers JAWS has used in the last year or
more, I do not think W-E can be faulted in its web performance.

Window-Eyes has  stil leaves something to be desired in the Excel
access stakes, but I'm sure GW will be showing off there prowess
in that direction by late spring early summer of this year.

So all the best james, and may I suggest joining the Window-Eys
info list which is very lively and helpful.  I'll post the
details when I can find them.

HTH.
Ray

Personal emails:  Email me at