[access-uk] TVonics Programme Guide Search

  • From: "John Gregory" <jgm.gregory@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2012 20:53:12 +0100

Hi all,

Someone recently asked if there was a search facility on the TVonics
DTR-HD500 (I think it was Gordon, but could be mistaken). At the time I was
not too sure about this but have just found it and the way to do it is as
follows:

1.       Press the EPG button (11 o'clock from the circular navigation
button);

2.       Press the 'green' button (second button in from the left on the
bottom row);

At this point an edit box appears where you can enter the text, note that
the default is alphabetic, but this can be changed to qwerty by pressing the
down cursor.

3.       Type the name of the programme you want to search for letter by
letter pressing the OK button in the middle of the circular navigation
button - navigate through the various alphabetic letters and numerals by
pressing the up, down, left and right directional arrows;

4.       Once you have entered the programme name, press the 'green' button
to search.

A list of programmes with that name, date of broadcast and time will appear.
You can then set the timer to record the programme should you wish.

Saves navigating through the myriad of cells in the EPG if you are looking
for a particular programme.

HTH

John.