[access-uk] Re: TV licensing again

Hi Brian, stupid but true. Look for yourself on the TV licensing website. It even lists games consoles. What it says with reference to tablets and mobiles is that you're covered if you've got a licence for your home TV. As for your comment regarding the TV licensing authority needing a licence for the computer in their office no, it wouldn't apply as it isn't residential.

                   John.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Williams Family" <welivehere7@xxxxxxx>
To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, November 09, 2011 4:59 PM
Subject: [access-uk] Re: TV licensing again

if you need a tv licence to have a computer, that would mean that every office in the country, including the office where the TV licencing authority call centre is based would have to have a licence. I seem to remember some a TV licencing person saying its the location of the receiver which needs the licence. so every bus, train etc would have to have one if mobiles and laptops are able to connect to the internet and therefore receive TV.
brian