[access-uk] Re: TV licence

  • From: "Yusuf" <yusufaosman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 18 Jun 2011 18:58:04 +0100

Ibrahim, I don't think that's accurate. According to the TV License web site:

"You don’t need a TV Licence
If you have a digital box used to produce sounds only
Provided that it can't display TV programmes."

http://www.tvlicensing.co.uk/check-if-you-need-one/for-your-home/blindseverely-sight-impaired-aud5/

I think that would mean that the box itself would have to be incapable of receiving the picture and not simply because you haven't connected it. I know that the old Television Sound Receiver, made by RNIB was exempt for this reason. But I don't think there new digital receiver is covered by this as it is capable of receiving the picture.
Yusuf
If you have nothing better to do, why not take a look at my blog
http://yusufaosman.wordpress.com
----- Original Message ----- From: "Ibrahim Gucukoglu" <ibrahim_gucukoglu@xxxxxxxx>