[access-uk] TTS, naturally speaking conversion details

  • From: "Ray's Home" <rays-home@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 29 Oct 2005 19:52:48 +0100

I've been prompted by the thread on TTS to ask whether one has much control
over the process of conversion of text to speech with these programs.

What I have in mind is whether you can adjust pauses between sentences,
paragrapsparagraphs and so on.  That sort of adjustment makes the reading of
lists via such methods that bit more intelligible.  Wonder if some control over
how numbers are converted is available too?

I've been minded to ask this as I heard quite an impressive example of this
approach to getting text into speech for those lacking a computer, and he
claimed that this sort of thing was possible, hence me asking those here with
experience here this question.  For many sorts of document this is obviously
quite a neat and quick solution to providing accessible text on tape or CD,
hence my interest.

Comments very welcome.
Ray

Personal emails:  Email me at