[access-uk] Re: TIME TO BUY A NEW DIGITAL RADIO?

  • From: "Jackie Cairns" <cairnsplace@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2009 17:23:07 +0100

Hi Carol

I would recommend the Pure Move if you want something portable.  The FM on
this radio is quite good, unlike some other sets with a DAB/FM combination.
It has 10 presets and a speaker, so you don't need to wear headphones to
listen to it.

Alternatively, I'd also recommend the Dualit range.  These radios are really
good quality.  They have DAB and FM, and are fairly accessible from a
non-sighted perspective.  You can choose from the Dualit kitchen radio, or
the Dualit Lite, the latter being more portable.

All the above radios come with mains and battery charging facilities.

If you want any further info on the Pure Move or Dualits, let me know, and I
can send you info on how they work privately.

Enjoy!

Kind regards,

Jackie Cairns
cairnsplace@xxxxxxx