[access-uk] Re: TEXTING WITH TALKS

  • From: David W Wood <g3yxx@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2005 12:32:54 +0100

Ian - I don't like predictive text and do use short hand.

Bob, this is nothing new, the telegraph operators used short hand
abbreviations from the mid 19th century onward.
Sometimes groups of letters such as:
bcnu, cuagn, cul ...
or other numeric codes were used by companies for specific use within
that company, two which survive are
73 and 88
which are 'best wishes' and 'hugs and kisses'.
David

In message <001701c5885f$cfc14e30$490b2b50@DOWN>, Barry
<bbinc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes
>To be honest, I don't know how it works so I don't use it.  Still, I don't
>like the short hand that is popular with texting so predictive text might be
>useful if I can figure out how to use it.
>
>Barry H

David W Wood