[access-uk] Re: TALKING PICTURES

  • From: "Tristram Llewellyn" <tris-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Aug 2006 16:20:29 +0100

The problem of being able to OCR from a picture taken with a normal camera like
in the KNFB Reader has occupied some very clever people in Kurzweils research
arm for quite a number of years in researching and developing this technology.
Whilst it is almost inneviable that others may try to get into this market you
are not very likely to find a £200 competitor to what has only just presently
been brought to market this year in the form of KNFB reader in the very
immediate future.

Regards.

Tristram Llewellyn
Sight and Sound Technology