[access-uk] Re: System tray

  • From: "Robert Stokes" <restokes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2006 17:06:05 -0000

Hi Barry,

Don't know about your three volume controls but I understand the safely remove hardware feature is well worth having. Apparently, it's not advisable to simply unplug USB devices when you have finished using them. A few months ago I purchased an iRIVER H320 MP3 player and the safely remove hardware came with it as part of the software. I'm now using it whenever I disconnect USB devices, including my wife's Book Courier and an External hard drive. All you have to do when you wish to disconnect something is, go into the system tray and press Enter on safely remove hardware. Next, tab to the item you wish to remove in order to highlight it. Then press Alt+S for Stop and you will be asked to confirm. Tab again to the device and then press Enter. A pop-up message should then appear informing you it is safe to remove the hardware.

Good luck.

Robert.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Barry" <bbinc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>