[access-uk] Re: System Restore Clean UP

  • From: "Donna Waring" <donna@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 23 Oct 2005 14:57:51 +0100

How big is your C drive George?

Donna

----- Original Message ----- From: "George Bell" <george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, October 23, 2005 1:51 PM
Subject: [access-uk] Re: System Restore Clean UP

Hi Donna,

The number of System Restore points is essentially
controlled by you.  You access this via Control Panel,
System, and then select the System restore Tab of the System
Properties dialog.

Select the disk drive you wish to control, and press the
"Settings" button.  In my own case, with my C: drive, I can
use up to 12% (about 9 gigs) of my hard drive for storing
System Restore files.

It is almost impossible to say how many points this will
equal, since everyone's systems is different.  In my case, I
can go back to late July, with a restore point on average
every two days from then.

Obviously with smaller drives, the numbers are reduced.

George.