[access-uk] Re: Sygate Personal Firewall Crashing

  • From: Chipmunks <chipmunks@xxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 08 Dec 2005 22:04:18 +0100

Thanks much. I'll try that.

Cheers,

Doris At 08:36 PM 12/8/2005 +0000, you wrote:

Hi Doris,

You might like to take a look at the Sygate Tech support site:
http://smb.sygate.com/support/documents/pspf/SPFPro_WebHelp/Technical_Su
pport.htm

You can choose to use the Forums, or have a Rep get back to you by
e-mail. I've used the latter on a few occasions, and they've always got
back to me within 4 days Tops. What's more to date, issues that I've
contacted them about have been sorted. HTH.

Cheers,

Mark

Mark Matthews
Cardiff, Wales, UK
E-mail/MSN/Windows Messenger:  mark.matthews53@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Skype:  MMatthews1981
Mobile:  07779 147874
Home Page:  http://www.qsl.net/gw0wgk/

-----Original Message----- From: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Chipmunks Sent: 08 December 2005 19:45 To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx Subject: [access-uk] Sygate Personal Firewall Crashing

Hi, guys,

For the past almost five years I have been using Sygate Personal
Firewall and never had any complaint about it. AS of tonight, though,
it keeps crashing on me both at bootup and when I restart it manually.

I was running the latest build of the free version on my widnows 2000
system.

Since I was no longer able to start the program, I uninstalled it and
reverted to a much older version, the oldest I still had on my
system, which appears to have fixed the problem for now.

I was just wondering though if anyone else has had this happening. i
know of Symantec's takeover of Sygate and their recent announcement
to just ditch the program. so I was wondering if this might be
connected to the sudden problem i have been experiencing.

I would much prefer to run a current version of the firewall and was
wondering if there either was a fix for the crashes  and also what
people recommend as an alternative if or when sygate can no longer be
installed on a system.

Thanks much for any help!

Cheers,

Doris

-- No virus found in this outgoing message. Checked by AVG Anti-Virus. Version: 7.1.371 / Virus Database: 267.13.13/195 - Release Date: 12/8/2005