From: "Tristram Llewellyn" <tris-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, April 25, 2007 10:41 AM
Subject: [access-uk] Re: Support for XP

I have to say that I am not as convinced as George that you'll ever see SP3
for XP, it has already been pushed back more than once and Microsoft
previous history would suggest that an update like that so far into a new
Windows cycle has not happened and therefore not likely now.  The cynical
among you may have reasonable grounds that SP3 has been pushed back to
encourage sales of VISTA.
Microsoft I suspect have known almost from day one of VISTA that it was
going to need a service pack, if one arrives for that late this summer it is
probably one the shortest intervals between initial release and service
pack.

Regards.

Tristram Llewellyn
Sight and Sound Technology