[access-uk] Re: SuperNova Access Suite 13.01 - Short Review

  • From: "Hussein Patwa" <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2012 03:14:44 +0100

Hi Eleanor,

I appreciate what you're saying about having received for technical support
from Dolphin in the past.  However I think it is fair to let others know
that, going by what I was told recently, Dolphin have made improvements to
their technical support.  I don't know why you were put through to someone
who only offered support for Dolphin Guide, maybe this was a glitch with the
telephone system or all the other support people were handling calls.

As for your comment about their technical support person being unable to
help with a magnification query because they were blind, my apologies but I
think this is a little harsh.  Whereas I agree that regardless of whether
they are blind or not they should know about supernovas features and how to
troubleshoot, it may well be that the person was having difficulty
visualising (and I use the word very loosely) the problem that you are
attempting to describe.  Not having any sight, it may have been extremely
difficult for them to understand the problem you are having, thus making it
harder for them to offer an appropriate solution.  As someone who is
frequently called upon to provide technical support at remote locations, and
having assisted several blind people, I know what this is like in reverse.
Sometimes I will explain something to a blind person that they are unable to
understand even though it makes complete sense to me using visual
references.

Anyway, I am not trying to be pedantic here, rather just to show
understanding of the situation from both sides of the fence.

All the best for now and take care.

Please note: this message was dictated using Dragon NaturallySpeaking and
NovaTalk.  I apologise for any errors in the text.  Visit
www.extrasolutions.co.uk <http://www.extrasolutions.co.uk> for more info on
NovaTalk, the exciting revolution in digital dictation & Accessible IT Your
Way.

_______________________________________

Have a pleasant day,

Kind Regards and Best Wishes,

Hussein Patwa

Tel: 0789 47 595 62 (UK)

Tel: +44 (0)122 4433 954  (SIP)

Twitter: www.twitter.com/hussein_patwa

Skype: patwaspotterfan2

Web: www.patwanet.co.uk

Blog: http://patwaspotterfan.livejournal.com

Find me on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=510013486

Please note: Calls from witheld numbers may not be connected.  Please
release your number so it can be viewed prior to calling.  Calls may be
recorded for fact verification.

DISCLAIMER: This e-mail and any attachments may contain confidential or
sensitive information and are intended solely for the stated recipient(s).
Copying or distribution in any form is not permitted without the sender's
prior consent.  If you have received this message in error, please delete it
and any attachments and notify the sender immediately.