[access-uk] Re: Start up problem

  • From: "Graham Page" <gpage@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2007 16:31:22 +0100

alan, I wouldn't take this machine anywhere near the computer repair store.

If you can do it yourself then fine but if not, it simply is not economic.

You can buy new PCs from places such as EuroPC (www.europc.com) for as
little as 3250.00 and you can get second hand PCs for less money than this.

You should not really consider anything slower than a Pentium 4 or celeron
based on the pentium 4 or an AMD Athlon 2000++ processor.  If you are
running Windows XP, you should not use less than 512MB of RAM with a
screenreader.

Regards

Graham
Graham Page