[access-uk] Re: Sony MZB100

  • From: "Graham Lewis" <Graham.Lewis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 07 Feb 2005 13:20:48 +0000

I would be interested in hearing how you find the ihp140 and in particular
whether it has more than set recording levels.  Where are you buting from by
the way?

Graham Lewis
Centre for Academic Practice
University of Warwick
University House
Kirby Corner Road
Coventry CV4 8UW
UK

Tel.: (+44) (0) 24 765 72737
Mobile: 07733450022
Fax.: (+44) (0) 24 765 727326

http://www2.warwick.ac.uk/services/cap/about/staff/lewis/
http://innovations.warwick.ac.uk/innovations/
http://cap.warwick.ac.uk/tdf

>>> steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx 02/06/05 07:01am >>>
Hi Ray,

I also think the Iriver IHP140 Hard Disk player will do what Andy wants.  It
is also accessible to some degree.  Please see the review that Michael Lang
did on Main Menu, http://www.acbradio.org/mainmenu.html, of the IHP100.  Do
a JAWS or Window-Eyes search on that page for Iriver and you will find it.
The latest model is the same, but it has a 40 GB hard disk.  Michael does
show us how to record with it too.  Michael always does excellent reviews,
and this is no exception.  Go take a look, if you are really interested.

Incidentally, for those interested, if you want real quality recording, you
ain't gonna get it for 200 quid.  The MZB100, while accessible, falls short,
because it only has automatic recording levels, and so does the Iriver.
Sunil's player that he talked about for 600 quid, is certainly very
reasonable, for a high quality recording machine.

Just my two pence worth, but I rejected the MZB100, because I didn't like
its auto recording level.  I have just ordered the Iriver, but not for
recording, but I will try the auto level, and see if it is any better.

All the best
mobile:  +44(0)7956 334938,
Email:  Steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Web site:  http://www.comproom.co.uk