[access-uk] Sonata Radio Station Announcer Gone Silent

  • From: "Paul Benson" <paul.benson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 May 2011 23:39:22 +0100

Hello all,

I am seeking assistance. I have had the Sonata for 4 days. Here is what
happened today. I have had 4 extra stations added to my list. When I switched
off the Sonata this afternoon, the last radio station broadcasting was one of
these, and it is an intermittent stream. When I switched the Sonata on again
this evening, the intermittent stream was no longer being broadcast. When I
accessed the radio station list, the male voice announcing the list of stations
had disappeared.

Has anyone else experienced the male voice going silent, and how did you get
him back please?

I can still get the radio stations to play, by using the up and down buttons,
and pressing the O.K. button without feedback. I have tried unplugging the
device, and removing the cable from the router, neither get the male voice
back. Is the male voice part of the Sonata, or is it transmitted over the
Internet?

I know there is an option for returning to factory default, but I am wary of
trying this. Will returning to factory default remove the extra stations I have
added? Also, does returning to factory default remove any bookmarks?

Paul Benson.