[access-uk] Re: So, what about the Vi-Player?

Thanks for the correction Ian.  I didn't actually ask the bloke about
text support, but I'm very happy this is on-board.  Sorry for any
mis-leading info.

From Ray
I can be contacted off-list at:
mailto:ray-48@xxxxxxxx

-----Original Message-----
From: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]On
Behalf
Of Ian Macrae
Sent: 19 July 2007 9:57AM
To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [access-uk] Re: So, what about the Vi-Player?

Ray, Alan Shaw at SV told me that it does have TTS and so would play
text files

From: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]On
Behalf
Of Graham Page

I went along yesterday and the vi-player company, Saks Electronics,
wasn't even there as the guy had it seems gon at lunch time and was
not due back until today (Wednesday).  I am not sure why he didn't
stay all the time, but it does seem a little slack that there was not
always someone on hand to give info on or demonstrate the product.

Cheers

Graham
Graham Page
Home Phone: 0207 265 9493
Mobile: 07753 607980
Fax:  0870 706 2773
Email: gpage@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
MSN: gabriel_mcbird@xxxxxxxxxxx
Skype: gabriel_mcbird
From: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]On
Behalf Of
Ian Macrae

A bit more news on this VIPlayer.  It's currently in pre-production
but will eventually retail for £175.  It has 4GB on board memory and
can also take SD cards up to 8 gig.  They're currently working on
getting more daisy functionality into it and it's already registered
as an Audible player.