[access-uk] Re: So, what about the Vi-Player?

  • From: "Ian Macrae" <ian.macrae@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2007 09:56:30 +0100

Ray, Alan Shaw at SV told me that it does have TTS and so would play text files

From: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]On
Behalf
Of Graham Page

I went along yesterday and the vi-player company, Saks Electronics, wasn't even
there as the guy had it seems gon at lunch time and was not due back until
today (Wednesday).  I am not sure why he didn't stay all the time, but it does
seem a little slack that there was not always someone on hand to give info on
or demonstrate the product.

Cheers

Graham
Graham Page
Home Phone: 0207 265 9493
Mobile: 07753 607980
Fax:  0870 706 2773
Email: gpage@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
MSN: gabriel_mcbird@xxxxxxxxxxx
Skype: gabriel_mcbird
From: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]On
Behalf Of
Ian Macrae

A bit more news on this VIPlayer.  It's currently in pre-production but will
eventually retail for £175.  It has 4GB on board memory and can also take SD
cards up to 8 gig.  They're currently working on getting more daisy
functionality into it and it's already registered as an Audible player.