[access-uk] Re: So... How's Jaws 9.

  • From: "martin wilsher" <m.wilsher@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2007 05:40:58 -0000

Hi peter.
the only access solution I have found at the moment which is any cop is
System access.  My biggest frustration with jaws is that the developers had
the bug of the non speaking of word and outlook and outlook express and IE
in the last beta of nine and I reported it and nothing got done. Now get
this.  System access recently had a random seemingly  non reproducible issue
in which after a long period of inactivity, say when you left your pc for
some time, when you came back to the pc speech would be gone, even though SA
was still loaded into memory.  After several discussion group users said
this was an issue, but noone could ;pin it down to any particular set of
keystrokes etc the developers looked at it, and fixed what was a random bug.
that's proper bug fixing in my opinion.  find a random bug and work until it
is fixed.  now SA works much better than it did and I can rely on it for
almost everything.
-----OMessage