From: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf
Of Peter Logue
Sent: 09 August 2004 14:01
To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [access-uk] Re: Slow boot-up.

Hi Jim. I'm running XP Home as well and my computer also takes about four
minutes to boot up. I believe a lot of this has to do with Norton and or
Sygate doing their scanning. I think if you started your computer,
particularly without Sygate,Zone Alarm etc, you would see a big difference.
If you had sight, you'd see that your computer does open into the desktop
fast enough, but it takes a few minutes for Jaws to say, Jaws for windows is
ready. A good few minutes is probably the norm for most of us running Jaws
and a firewall.

Peter

** vacation ## d

DISCLAIMER: