[access-uk] Re: Skype Setup Question

  • From: Chipmunks <chipmunks@xxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2005 16:53:35 +0200

in the skype options on the sound devices tab, try disabling the checkbox to have skype control your audio devices. Then shut down and restart skype and try adjusting the settings in your windows volume control to your liking.

hth

Doris

At 02:26 PM 10/13/2005 +0100, you wrote:
Hi List.

Just getting to grips with this whole skype malarkey, and have hit on one
slight problem.

When running the "Echo 1 2 3" test for my microphone, the playback of my
voice is there, but it sounds quite distant. Not at all in keeping with the
rest of the audio I playback.

I've followed the advice given by Skype in their Help section, but I don't
seem able to increase this speech playback volume.

I've tried two stand-alone microphones and one headset, each with the same
results.

Can a more experienced Skype user perhaps guide me in the right direction
for a solution?

Darran

FANCY AN IPOD? http://ipods.freepay.com/?r=20539876