[access-uk] Re: Sky router security settings

  • From: "Ankers, Dave (UK)" <Dave.Ankers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2009 11:41:30 -0000

Thanks Peter, all useful advice.

Cheers

Regards

Dave Ankers

Just to add that even if you don't know the user name and password if
you have changed it, you cna always access the setup by connecting the
router to the computer with a network cable. I don't think it asks for
the user  name and password then.

If you do have to reset the box it will still all work as your username
and password for connecting to your broadband is hard wired in to the
router so it wont forget it.

As for the default security, on my Sky router it had a WPA key already
defined which is better than wep and it's easier to remember as this can
be any characters I think and up to about 150 of them so you can use a
meaningful sentance.

Peter