[access-uk] Re: Sky query

  • From: "John Land" <john.land@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2010 21:03:09 -0000

William, you don't have to scroll down or indulge in any fiddly nonsence if you
use "manual record" by strictly adhereing to the following procedure:-
1. tune your sky+ to any radio channel.
2. press manual record button. (left-hand small button just below play) this
will give you the usual sky music.
3. punch in any radio or tv channel you want to record.
4. arrow down once, (button immediately below the circular ok button) default
is today.  Arrow right once for tommorow, twice for two day's time etc.
5. arrow down once. imput start time. default is pm, arrow right for am. (e.g.
0900 =9pm)
6. arrow down once. Input finnish time in the same way. (if the programme
continues after midnight, arrow right to give you am finnish).
7. arrow down once. default is record programme once.  Arrow right once =daily,
twice =five days a week, (mon-fri) three times =weakly.
8.  arrow down once and press "ok".  If you have inputted correctly, and you
are not trying to record more than two progs at the same time, the music will
be replaced by your initial radio channel.  If the music stays, you have done
something rong!
This may seem complicated, but it works extremely well.  The only thing to
remember is that you will have to input your four digit pin, to play any tv
prog.  This does not apply to radio progs for some reason.  There are some
other little tricks you can use to make sky+ more accessible, but it would take
too long to go into them here.  If you get stuck, or need any more info, let me
know.
Surfice to say, this is the only pvr system which you AD, automatically, plus
full control and recording access to all sky channels in your package.
Regards,
John