[access-uk] Sky on my computer

  • From: "Andy" <andy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Access-Uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2006 15:22:11 -0000

Hi all.

After fighting against getting Sky for several years, I eventually gave in a month or so ago and signed up to the £15.00 a month option. I'm very pleased that I have done so because I'm getting Audio Described programmes throughout the week. Since signing up I've watched about three audio described movies, which if on celestial, I would record and keep for watching later.

Now to my question. The Sky Co. Have given me a Digi-Box which sits on top of my TV in the lounge.

If I'd like to watch and record various items, I'd need to hard-wire a second digi-box in my study next to my computer, and I'd probably have to increase my annual subscription to do so.

A couple of weeks ago, I read with interest a thread on a list, concerning Grabbing Video. Apparently, there is a piece of hardware which fits into my digi-box in the lounge, which sends the video signal to my computer in the lounge, for watching or recording programmes, via wireless.

Can anyone advise me if this is possible, for it would be fantastic to actually record audio described movies onto my computer and burn to DVD.

Best wishes.

Andy.

-- No virus found in this outgoing message. Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.1.375 / Virus Database: 267.15.7/259 - Release Date: 13/02/2006