[access-uk] Re: Sky launches app that lets your iPad control your TV

  • From: tony scanlon <turrots@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2012 14:53:54 +0100

Hi Steve.
Yes a great pity that. But as I say it would have been of no use to me
as such but I thought the concept of linking a remote control to a
speech output device by whatever means would be a huge breakthrough as
it would make all appliances accessible thus eliminating the need for
stand alone devices like the TVonics etc.Turning an iPhone into a TV
remote control with built-in speech sounded like to way to go by
making all menus audible, a sort of universal remote with speech
enhancement.
Hopefully Sky will sort it eventually.
Tony