[access-uk] Re: Sky Channel move

  • From: "Ibrahim Gucukoglu" <ibrahim_gucukoglu@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Jul 2012 08:40:27 +0100

Hi Steve.

Its worth mentioning here that its only great if you have the equipment to
enjoy it.  My understanding is you need to connect your home theatre system
which needs to be either 5.1 or 7.1 surround sound to the SPDIF socket on your
box.  In my case, I have a powerful but analogue speaker system which connects
through the headphone socket on my TV so although the sound is fantastic, it
doesn’t make a jot of difference whether I’m on an HD channel or not.  I do
have the HD channels though as MGM HD is only available in HD and as I’m a
classic movies fan, this is the only way of getting that channel.

All the best, Ibrahim.