[access-uk] Sight Village - Window-Eyes

  • From: "Ray's Home" <rays-home@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 18 Jul 2004 14:01:05 +0100

Well list, this is in the nature of a sort of test.  I've been having
trouble posting to the list today, so thought I'd try sending this again, so
sorry if you have already seen it.You might be particularly interested in
the hire/purchas proposal for Window-Eyes, which I mention later in the
message.

I know I have commented already on the rather uninspired presentation of
Window-Eyes at SV.  Shame, because the upcoming releases, have been so long
in appearing.

The  first will enormously enhance MS Word usability from, I think 97
upwards, is going to be very well received I am sure.  There will be a
separate MS Office menu in the control panel where Office specific functions
can be tweaked, but unfortunately, this was not elaborated on. The other
major improvement will be the colour dictionary so all 256 basic Windows
colours will be named, or named to the nearest standard colour.

The second installment of the Office makeover will address EXcel, Powerpoint
and maybe other Office Apps.  Seems GW have it in their sites to improve the
help system in W-E too.

More interesting perhaps, and I haven't seen this commented on elsewhere, is
a proposed hire and purchase option.  This means, if I recall Dan Weirich's
words propperly, that you will be able to buy a $50.00 month's trial, and if
you want to keep Window-Eyes, then pay further $50.00 installments until its
paid for.  Presumably if you do not renew in time, then the program would
revert to a demo copy - (Dan didn't actually say that though).

GW are addressing the issue of affordability and defered payments in a novel
way.  Many have been asking for a defered payments scheme for a long time.
I was amused when Dan said, haltingly, 'I guess that would be £30.00 here'.
To which I said, 'It should be'.  We shall see.

All the best.

RAy.

** vacation ## d