[access-uk] Re: Sight Village

Another suggestion would be a restaurant or take away menu.
                   John.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Carol Pearson" <carol.pearson29@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, July 22, 2008 6:03 PM
Subject: [access-uk] Re: Sight Village

OK. I vote you both try the same items and we'll suggest them on list - perhaps 10 in all - and see what you come up with!

What about something which is produced in very small print, a Cola bottle or something that has fancy writing and maybe a bus timetable which you could both try (one sending to the other). I can't list exact items so hopefully someone can enlarge on this.

That's as far as my brain goes in this hot weather!

--
Carol
carol.pearson29@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

On Monday, July 21, 2008 11:40 PM (UK time), access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx at access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx said:

O.K. guys.

As they say, "Put your money where your mouth is."

We've had the battle of the screen readers.  Now we have
something else to battle out.

I know who my money's on.

The book's open guys!

Darren - you're the betting man - wanna take it on?

George.

From: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Friday 18 July 2008 07:44
To: Access UK Mailing List
Subject: [access-uk] Sight Village

Hi All

Can I just thank all those who came to say hello at Sight Village
this
week.
It was lovely to put voices to some very familiar names on the
list.

I didn't get much of a chance to wander around because of strutting
my
stuff
on the Sight and Sound stand, but I did have enough time
to pop over
the
Cobolt stand, and look at their new ITell gadget.  For anyone who
doesn't know about this, it is a small device that plugs into the
bottom of an
Ipod
that enables us mortals with little or no sight to use the Ipod
with speech. I thought this was a really interesting gadget.  It
doesn't work on
either the Shuffle or Itouch, but all the other models
seem to
support it.  The only thing that concerns me, however, is how one
would transfer material from their PC to the Ipod if
Itunes software
isn't accessible.  Perhaps
some
who do this already would like to elaborate as it might potentially
be a stumbling block.

The ITell retails at £59.95 I believe, but I thought it
was the most
interesting gadget other than the K-Reader phone, of course!
(smile).

Anyone else see anything interesting and "different" this year?

Jackie

Email: cairnsplace@xxxxxxx
Skype Name: Cairnsplace

**

**

link:-
**
the

link:-
**
the

This email has been scanned by the MessageLabs Email
Security System.
For more information please visit
http://www.messagelabs.com/email
the