[access-uk] Re: SiRecognizer,

  • From: william lomas <lomaswilliam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2008 07:59:38 +0000

hi now if steve or osmeone would offer us as sighted people can do, payment plans then i'd look at the SI recognizer why is it we are expected to pay thousands and thousands which companies know we don't have, but if you can see, buy this car for x amount a month, a car is essential to a sighted person as OCR is to us so what's going on with that

On 10 Feb 2008, at 14:29, Philip Martin wrote:

    Hi Terry,
Forgive me for jumping in, but I recently asked this question of ITEX,makers of SI Recogniser,and the following is an extract from their reply. There was also much more info. given of the system, but I haven't included that.

HTH
Philip
We strongly believe that quality is the most important side of our work. And SiRecognizer delivers the best recognition quality of the world! The system is very portable, believe me! You should try it for example at Computer Room Services http://www.comproom.co.uk. Do not forget that SiRecognizer is a real computer with Windows XP, 60GB HardDisk and 1GB. You can run Jaws, Windows Eyes, Word, Excel. You have voice command and dictation, handwriting recognition, audio recording and much more! And, if you really need connectivity, you can ask for the embedded HSDPA module.

So, going back to your point, as long as the quality of the phones (like the kurzweil) is low, we will not migrate because the Sirecognizer UMPC is just better. Of course, in the future, the quality of the phones will be higher: and we will happily reconsider the situation. But at the moment, luckily, SiRecognizer is really at the top!

I will attach few informations, just to let you know all the things that can be done with the SiRecognizer! Please feel free to contact us again for further enquieries. Highest regards,

Marco