[access-uk] Setting up a wireless network

  • From: "Phil Stephenson" <philstep72@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 16:07:18 -0000

Hi, some help much appreciated re setting up a wireless network.

I have a Toshiba laptop which when connected to the port-replicator is
connected to the wireless broadband router but which I also wish to use
wirelessly in other parts of the house.  I also have a desktop machine in
another room which is successfully connecting to the web via a usb wireless
dongle and the wireless router.  The setup is working fine for both laptop
and desktop connecting to the web via the Dlink router however I would like
to be able to share files on the desktop with the laptop wirelessly as well
as the printer which is connected via USB to the desktop.  I have run the
Network setup wizard and followed steps as prompted but with no joy.....what
am I doing wrong?

Laptop is running XP pro and desktop XP home.
Please feel free to ask for more info or contact off-list if you prefer.

Many thanks,

Phil

I have a Toshiba laptop