[access-uk] Re: Service Providers

Hi,

Telewest only works if you ahve cable in your area.  As i say Plusnet do an
unlimited package for £14.99 if you don't want other services like static IP
etc.

Here are some links for you:

Plusnet: http://www.plus.net
Zen internet: http://www.zen.co.uk
Metranet: http://www.metranet.co.uk
Freedom To Serf: http://www.freedom2surf.net/

Bulldog is another one, but they don't have a 100% press rating:
http://www.bulldogbroadband.com/

I use Andrews and Arnauld, http://www.aaisp.net.uk, but they are more of a
business ISP really, and give more features in the way of IP addresses and
tunnels etc, and most people aren't heavy downloaders.

I really wouldn't use Wanadoo, as everyone who has used them that I know of has
had problems with their phone support, and I had real problems setting up one
of their wireless packs for someone.

One other thing that people do if they are heavy downloaders is go with AOL (I
don't know how much the broadband is, but they go with the simple package which
doesn't give them many extra AOL features), and then use a router to allow them
to connect without the rubbish software.

Hope this helps.
Andrew.