[access-uk] Re: Sending pictures in OE

  • From: "Ray's Home" <rays-home@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 20 Aug 2005 16:19:51 +0100

Sorry you appear to be having so much trouble with this sending of pictures.

Strikes me andy that you might do well to go to the file menue in Internet
explorer and choose send as email or send as link so the person can go and look
for themselves.  The send as email option puts the whole page in the body of a
new message with your cursor in the 'to' field, as usual.  Sometimes the
transfer will lose something or other, but usually it works well.

I have found, by the way, that pasting a picture into a plain text message does
work in Outlook Express.  Very strange.

I have just been to the BBC News Technology page.  On putting the mouse over
the picture and bringing up the context menu I find there is a copy option.
Now, I don't know how a blind user would position the pointer so its over a
picture or graphic, or how you might know whether its a picture or graphic for
that matter.  One possibility that occurs to me is to use shift-F10 and go down
to the list images option.  Its most likely that the image you want, if its a
picture, will be a JPG or it could be something else entirely.    When you are
presented with a list of images, that's if the pop-up blocker doesn't
intervene, you can cursor through the list of links.  When you hit a JPG or
other graphics image link, you can use the right context menu to choose the
option of 'opening link in new window.  On pressing enter you get the image and
nothing else, which can be saved or copied, assuning the website lets you do
that.  I am sorry, but I cannot figure a way that a total would know if the
image being displayed is the one that's wanted if there's more than one image
on the page.

I'd be inclined to send the whole page if bandwidth/time isn't an issue.
Ray

Personal emails:  Email me at
mailto:ray-48@xxxxxxxx