[access-uk] Seagate External Hard Drive not Connecting

  • From: "Pele West" <pele.west@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2008 17:58:34 +0100

Hi Everyone

I am using Windows XP Pro.

I have a Seagate external hard drive connected to my PC.  However, although
there is an entry in the Device Manager showing "Mass Storage Device"
Windows Explorer can no longer see it.  If I try to acces it the PC hangs.

My husband has an identical drive connected to his machine and we have swapped
them around.  The fault seems to be with the drive rather than the PC as I
can see his drive and he cannot see mine.

I would be interested to know if there is any action I can take to use the
drive again.

Pele West