[access-uk] Re: Scanner/printer on/off sound

  • From: "Malcolm Parfitt" <malcolm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Aug 2006 09:44:37 +0100

Hi,

If you go into Control Panel, Sounds and Audio Devices.

Press Control and tab until you reach the Sounds Property Sheet.

Next press Tab four times to reach windows.

Arrow down and you should have a list of events to which you can apply a sound.

Arrow down until you reach Device Disconnect.  Press Tab and you will have the
wave file associated with this event.  ON my machine This sound is associated
with Windows XP Hardware Insert.

You can change this if you like.  If you arrow back to the list of events you
should have a list item called Device Disconnect.  You can check the sound
associated with this event.  Check that both items do not have the same wave
associated with them.  On my machine the Device disconnect is associated with
Windows XP Hardware Remove.

Hope this helps.