[access-uk] Re: Sales and support staff's knowledge of Braille

  • From: "Jackie Cairns" <jackie.cairnsplace@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 7 Nov 2010 13:55:37 -0000

Hi Derek

I know several of the staff at Humanware, and think they are all a nice
bunch.  I believe Martin Roberts is the blind person, but that there are
other members of staff who have also been taught Braille including a Jackie
and probably Martin Griffiths too.  That's the thing that struck me about
Humanware, they went out of their way to have sighted staff learn Braille
properly, not just as tokenism.

I can do JAWS basics Derek, but I'd never call myself a competent trainer.
Mind you, there are people working for access technology companies who
should never be allowed to train or use the title of trainer either, but
that's my view and I have my own private reasons for saying that for which I
am not prepared to elaborate.  It's the same in every walk of life or field:
some are excellent, some are adequate, some are less than satisfactory, and
some are complete shite ... Take your pick and draw your own conclusions is
what I advise. (smile).

Kind Regards,

Jackie Cairns
J&M Work-Ability