[access-uk] Re: Sales and support staff's knowledge of Braille

  • From: "Derek Hornby" <derek.hornby_uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 7 Nov 2010 10:58:27 -0000

Hi  Jackie
Do you happen to know  Martin Griffiths,  and Jackie Hall
(both at  Humanware) are either of them blind,  and if no do they
Both know Braille?

At the moment I think  Martin will be be my trainer for
The  Braille note  DBC package.

Lucy  Naismith did a demonstration  here  but that wasn't
Very  successful, so  Alan  Davis came on another visit  and he was
Great with his  communication skills.
I was very  impressed he even  knows deafblind manual  so there was
No need for  an interpreter  to assist.

Trying to keep on topic *smiles* do you thing there is a need
For some kind of formal  qualification for trainers.
We don't  let teachers  in to a class rooms unless they
Have the  relevant  degree pass,  but it seems  anyone can
Can  call themselves I.T  trainer, or even  a Jaws  trainer.

A  lot of money  is paid out  for training,  and surely
We need  to  make sure  those  that t rain us,  have the
Right  skills to do   it.

Regards,  Derek