[access-uk] Re: SWAMPED WITH RUBBISH/SPAM/MAYBE PAWN

  • From: "Catherine Turner" <catherineturner2000@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2006 13:26:11 +0100

Thanks, I'm going to give it a go...

Catherine
----- Original Message ----- From: "Ray's Home" <rays-home@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, October 24, 2006 12:58 PM
Subject: [access-uk] Re: SWAMPED WITH RUBBISH/SPAM/MAYBE PAWN

Catherin, I don't actually use Cloudmark at the moment as I've resisted paying for it. All
the same, I can report that it integrates into Outlook and Outlook Express quite seemlessly.

Although it appears as a toolbar item, you can get at the settings via options under the
tools menu where Cloudmark has its own tab within the options dialogues, so you can change
settings there.

Cloudmark creates a folder for spam where it places anything that's suspect. I believe you
can undefine messages it classes as spam if you tell it to but cannot quite recall how that
works now.

After the trial period Cloudmark nags from time to time to be registered. Seemingly though,
it does claim to offer screening of phishing messages as a residual service, and it still
transfers some messages that aren't spam or other unwelcome guests to it's spam folder, but
not many, and its not hard to go and check in the folder to see if it has been plai
cing legit messages in their.

Hope that helps a bit.

From Ray
I can be contacted off-list at: