To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, October 23, 2006 8:02 PM
Subject: [access-uk] Re: SWAMPED WITH RUBBISH/SPAM/MAYBE PAWN

Yes Katheryn.  Cloudmark Anti-spam.  there's a free trial at:

http://www.cloudmark.com/desktop/

It isn't free though. there are versions for Outlook and Outlook Express. It is very
effective, and they seem to pro-actively update there protection rules based on user
feedback as well as their own inphouse efforts.

Hope that's some help.e

From Ray
I can be contacted off-list at:
mailto:ray-48@xxxxxxxx

-----Original Message----- From: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Catherine Turner Sent: 23 October 2006 4:59PM To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx Subject: [access-uk] Re: SWAMPED WITH RUBBISH/SPAM/MAYBE PAWN

Hi,

On this subject - what I'd like to know is are there any spam filters that
work within Outlook Express? I mean ISPs use some which seem to be web
based - i.e. I cannot tell them something is or is not spam from Outlook
Express, I must do it on the web which I don't want to do as with the amount
of mail I get and the design of my mail providers' websites I'd spend all my
day rather than half of it on e-mail. . Then I've seen Mail Washer and I
guess there are other programs like that which sit between the server and
Outlook Express and therefore take more time if I'm going to use them. Is
there anything I can do within Outlook Express, apart from manually creating
rules? I'd like a program which I could, say, press the applications key on
a message and mark it as spam and in future it would go to deleted items; or
bounce back some "mailbox not found" type message which might cut down some
spam...does anyone know of such a program which fits in with Outlook
Express?

Catherine