[access-uk] SOUND CARDS REVISITED

  • From: "carol pearson" <carol.pearson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Access-UK" <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2004 10:56:05 +0100

Hi All,

I'm narrowing down my choices now and want to buy at the end of the week, if
possible.  Could those of you with sound cards please supply the following
information:

CREATIVE LABS 2 ZS PLATINUM - This says "Firewire interface", but also says
"USB 2 interface".  Does this mean you just plug in externally, or is this
card placed inside the computer?  Are the external IO Analogue and Digital
ports in and out?  (Please specify exactly which ports there are.)  Are they
located on the front of the card (whether internal or external card)?

CREATIVE LABS AUDIGY 2 NX - This is the external model, yes?  What ports
does it have, please?

Finally
HERCULES DIGIFIRE 7.1 - Is this an internal or external card and where are
the ports, please?  This says "Digital in and out connectors".  Does this
mean you don't really need analogue, or are there circumstances where you
do?

Thanks for any and all feedback and I apologise that I need to raise this
again.

--
Carol
carol.pearson@xxxxxxxxxxxx

** To leave the Access-UK list, send a message with the Subject:-
** Please do not put text or signatures in the message body
** For other things like setting nomail when on holiday,
** or digest mode, send a message, to
** faq
** Please do not put text or signatures in the message body.