[access-uk] Re: SL to lyon

  • From: Jonathan H <digitaltoast@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 16 May 2012 09:22:25 +0100

The short answer is:
http://www.apple.com/uk/macosx/ - £21. Download only.

However, do you have a particularly strong and pressing need to upgrade to
Lion?
If you're going to take this path, be sure all your software is compatible;
http://osxdaily.com/2011/07/15/how-to-check-if-applications-are-incompatible-with-mac-os-x-lion/
http://gagagadget.com/wordpress/2011/07/os-x-lion-what-works-and-what-doesnt/

For example, unless you have the latest MS Office 2011 for Mac, you're
going to find yourself having to upgrade.

On the other hand, if all of this is OK by you but you're not desperate to
upgrade, wait a couple of months and go straight to Mountain Lion and save
bit of cash on upgrading twice :)
http://www.apple.com/uk/macosx/mountain-lion/