[access-uk] Re: SD cards and physical disabilities

  • From: "Carol Pearson" <carol.pearson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 23 Sep 2007 00:18:32 +0100

Ray,

I've lost CF cards but not SD. I think it's probably because I'm more careful with SD and always put them back in their boxes! <Smiles>

--
Carol
carol.pearson@xxxxxxxxxxxx

----- Original Message ----- From: "Ray's Home" <rays-home@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Ray's Home" <rays-home@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Carol and others, this issue of the very smallness of SD cards came
up
in the interview I did with the guy making the Vi-player who had
sourced a plastic container attached to a lanyard to help people in
situations who's handling ability was limited in holding and
manipulating these postage stamp sized cards.

If I can find out if these card holders can be bought  separatetly
on
the net I'll let the list know.

I'd end by saying that, if anything, where gripping and manoeuvring
is
not an issue, SD cards are maybe a bit easier to insert than, say,
CF
cards, and no danger of multiple pins within host devices getting
bent.

Cheers,getting bent.

From Ray

From: "Chris Hallsworth" <christopherhallsworth71@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hi all,
Sorry for the cross posting, but I'm thinking of buying an SD card
for my
BrailleNote mPower so that I can store Keysoft upgrades. However,
besides
the point, since I have some physical disabilities, cerebral palsy
to be
precise, that causes fine motor skill issues, how difficult are
they
insert into one of these for me? This is the main reason why I was
put off
buying these because, by the sound of it, they're so small that I
am
at
high
risk of dropping or even losing them. Thanks in advance.
Chris Hallsworth
BrailleNote mPower user

Website: www.chrishallsworth.co.nr