[access-uk] Re: SA to Go - new online screenreader

  • From: "brian hartgen" <brian@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2007 18:52:42 +0100

The only thing I don't like about this, and it is a small thing, is the Dectalk speech when used with Windows Vista. I tried it over the weekend, and it really does sound as if the speech synthesiser has no teeth and speaks with a very strange foreign sounding accent. That's the best way I can describe it. It's incredible actually! It just doesn't sound like Dectalk.

I have spoken to some other Vista users who say the same.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Colin Fowler" <col.fowler@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]On
Behalf Of Damon Rose

Am surprised no one is talking about this. It's fantastic!
http://www.satogo.com/
A web-based screenreader . it doesn't just make a web page talk . it
gives intelligent access to your PC like what JAWS does.
If you subscribe to it, you can just logon to it from any computer
anywhere. Portability galore!

Damon Rose
Content Producer: Ouch, Ouch Podcast, See Hear.
  www.bbc.co.uk/ouch     \    www.bbc.co.uk/seehear
Have you heard the Ouch Podcast yet? A razor sharp disability talk show
presented by Mat Fraser and Liz Carr: www.bbc.co.uk/ouch/podcast

Tel: 020 8752 4427 (x0224427)
email: damon.rose@xxxxxxxxx

http://www.bbc.co.uk
stated.
reliance on it and notify the sender immediately.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/