[access-uk] Revealweb/RNIB library catalogue question

  • From: "Catherine Turner" <catherineturner2007@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Access-UK <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2008 23:04:57 +0000

Hi,

I just went to the revealweb site and it redirected me to the RNIB
library catalogue site.  I haven't been to revealweb for ages and
didn't realise this would happen.  The RNIB library site says it
incorporates revealweb.

I found a book I want to read on there but I'm not sure what to do
next.  My understanding was that revealweb searched several sources
for books and, not having tried to order a book from there before, I
had assumed it would give info on the format of the book and where
it's held/where to get hold of it.  But the record found for the book
I want doesn't give any info about format or how to order the book.
There are links to add the book to a request list and to send the
request list but a) I need to know whether it's audio or braille
before I request it and b) I'm not sure if I need to join something
before I can request a book.  I'm a member of RNIB Talking Books but
presumably this is different?  It's hard to know since it doesn't say
where this book comes from.

Can anyone shed any light/explain how this site/library works?  If it
makes any difference the book I searched for is called "The Clash Of
Fundamentalisms".

Thanks,
Catherine