[access-uk] Results of latest wireless connection attempts

  • From: "Andy Collins" <andy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2008 18:46:48 -0000

Hi all -

Here's what I did:

Turned off pc.

Unplugged Ethernet cable from PC and plugged it in to laptop [left it in
same port on router]

Booted up laptop.

Opened Internet explorer, and was able to access the web.

Turned off laptop.

Plugged Ethernet cable back in to PC.

Booted up PC.

Booted up laptop.

Tried to connect the laptop to the network.

Got the message: "Windows can ot connect to [network SSID name]  wireless
association failed because Windows was not able to receive any response from
the wireless router or access point."

So, it seems I've gone back a step <groan>

What do I now need to do? Has unplugging the Ethernet cable from the PC
putting it in the laptop, and then putting it back in the PC caused this
problem?

Thanks for any help. Jolly frustrating business all of this, I do look
forward to the day when I've got this network thing sorted! -

Andy