[access-uk] Re: Replacing unauthorizedWindows XP with new legal copy

  • From: "Dave Mack" <dcmack2@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 24 Apr 2010 14:49:19 -0700

Well, I called Microsoft and explained the situation with my granddaughter's used computer with the illegal Windows XP on it and that I have purchased a new and legal copy of XP. They told me to install a full installation of the new XP over the old one and call the Activation Team after it is installed. So, I guess I will hold my breath, grit my teeth, and hope all goes well. However, when asked specifically, they said I couldn't just replace the old key with the new one and that I must do a full install. Any comments? Should I, perhaps, get a second opinion from another Microsoft tech who isn't simply reading a script from a foreign land with impeccable English? Sincere apologies to my Indian friends. (grin)

Grandpa Dave in California

----- Original Message ----- From: "Barry Toner" <barry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>