[access-uk] Re: Replacement for The Voicemate

  • From: "Barbara Wilson" <barkingbabs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2009 17:00:56 -0000

I don't use voice dialling on the phone either for the same reason as you Jacky. Sometimes by the time you've said the name over and over you could have posted the person a letter! However with a Bluetooth headset I find it far more reliable.

Barbara

Get listed, network or find a business at an online directory of businesses owned and run by disabled people and associated support and advisory organisations:
www.barkingbabs.co.uk
----- Original Message ----- From: "Jackie Cairns" <jackie.cairns@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Dean Wilcox <wilcoxdean@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 11:02:2009 2:56 pm

I don't think the RNIB do what your looking for actually.  They do
sell voice recorders if that helps but none of the organisers.  One
organiser that might interest you is called the TapMemo and Cobolt
Systems sell it for £89.99.  I've pasted the info below.

This revolutionary hand held talking Organiser has just one easy to
use multi-function button, with two additional volume buttons.
Battery operated and using verbal commands the unit needs no special
user training. It functions as a phone book, short memo taker,
appointment calendar, and alarm clock. It will also speak the time
and date. Phone Book - Will accept up to 60 entries, each one can
store one phone number with a 7 second voice recording of additional
data, for example, a name or short address. Numbers can be dialled
automatically using the built in auto dialler. Appointment calendar -
Up to 30 appointments, each with a reminder and chronological play
back function. Memo taker - Up to 30 memos, each up to one minute
long. These can be recalled using a name tag. Other features include
a Unit locator/low battery warning/locking command/earphone/charging
jack and belt clip. It is powered by an internal rechargeable Lithium
battery. Fully charged in less than 4 hours it will give 10 working
hours of power. Size 75mm - 2.9" (Dia) x 30mm - 1.2" (Thick).