[access-uk] Renewing Subscriptions with UK McAfee

  • From: <karl.farrell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 5 Jun 2004 22:20:22 +0100

Hello

I have been trying to renew my subscription for McAfee
VirusScan without success and I eventually got a phone
number to talk to someone from UK McAfee Help.  I explained
my predicament (not mentioning that I use a screenreader,
JFW4.5+).  The lady said she would e-mail me instructions
where to go and duly did so, as I quote below:-

"If you go to http://uk.mcafee.com and then click on the
heading "Store".
This will open another window.  If you click on the heading
"Renewal" to the left of the new window, you
will be taken to the page where you can renew your licence."

I dutifully followed the instructions, went to uk.mcafee.com
and hit ENTER on the "store" link.  Jaws announced that the
new window opened had no links, although I could read part
of the text line by line with the Jaws cursor.  I got a
visual to click on the heading "renewal" and that moved me
to a new page that was similarly inaccessible.

Has anyone else here used this site?  Or is there a bit of
Jaws knowhow that will make it work?  In the past, I went
through the whole process of registering and buying products
from the McAfee site in the USA without this trouble.  If
there is an accessibility issue with uk.mcafee.com, I will
raise it with UK McAfee Help.

Your views please.

Karl Farrell
karl.farrell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx=20